1956 — 2018
"As you move through this life and this world you change things slightly,
you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life and travel leaves marks on you.
Most of the time, those marks on your body or on your heart — are beautiful."
- · 1956 - Born in New York City.
- · 1978 - Graduated from The Culinary Institute of America.
- · 1985 - Married his high school girlfriend, Nancy Putkoski and remained together for two decades, divorcing in 2005.
- · 1990 - Began running through popular restaurant kitchens of New York City like: Supper Club, One Fifth Avenue and Sullivan’s.
- · 1997 - The New Yorker published Bourdain’s famous article, “Don’t Eat Before Reading This.”
- · 1998 - He became the executive chef at, Brasserie Les Halles
- · 2000 - His career took off after he published Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, which was a New York Times bestselling non-fiction book.
- · 2002 - A Cook’s Tour, ran on the Food Network channel for two-season, which featured Bourdain’s traveling the world seeking culinary adventures.
- · 2004 - Bourdain released, Anthony Bourdain’s Les Halles Cookbook: Strategies, Recipes, and Techniques of Classic Bistro Cooking.
- · 2005 - Bourdain premiered a new Travel Channel series, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, that ran for nine seasons and also won two Primetime Emmy Awards for its cinematography.
- · 2006 - Along with his 2004 cookbook, he also published, The Nasty Bits which both became the New York Times bestsellers.
- · 2007 - Went to wed jiu jitsu expert, Ottavia Busia. Soon after, the couple welcomed their daughter, Ariane Bourdain.
- · 2011 - With the success of, No Reservations, the Travel Channel announced that it would come out with a one-hour ten-episode called, The Layover which later ended with a 20 episode series. Every episode featured an exploration of a city that can be undertaken within an air travel layover of 24 to 48 hours.
- · 2012 - Bourdain announced that he would be leaving The Travel Channel after frustration arises due to new ownership using his voice and image to make it seem as if he were endorsing a car brand which all didn’t equate to his standard of filming.
- · 2013 - He later went on to host on the CNN channel, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown. The program focused on cuisines, cultures and politics.
- · 2015 - At the age of 56, Bourdain earned a blue belt in the martial art: Brazilian jiu-jitsu, he later won gold at the IBJJF New York Spring International Open Championship, in the Middleweight Master 5 division.
- · 2016 - Anthony and Ottavia later separated, due to him working 250 days a year on his television shows which put great strain on his relationship with his wife and daughter.
- · 2017 - He later found love again and met, Asia Argento, who is an Italian actress and director.
- · 2018 - Anthony Bourdain was found dead in his hotel room in Kaysersberg, France. After committing suicide while he was in the area working on an episode of his Parts Unknown series. He was 61.
To view more of Anthony Bourdain's biography - Click Here!